Max's Mom

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Max's Mom

Postby Aidyl » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:02 am

Hello....I just wanted you to know that I've been thinking of you and your family and especially Max. I'm hoping and praying that everything went well with his surgery. I know that life will be busy the next while with keeping Max feeling comfortable and all....but I know that I'm looking forward to and I'm sure others are as well, to hear how Max's surgery went and how he's doing post-op.
Take care of yourself and Max. Give him a kiss for all of us, because we know how hard it is on the little ones that we love so much. Write when you can to let us know how it all went.
Sincerely,
Aidyl
Aidyl
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Postby Babyk » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:43 pm

We are also anxiously awaiting news. With Avery's surgery in a couple of weeks we are psyching ourselves up as well!

We had our pre-op appointment on Thursday and asked a lot of questions.....I feel somewhat better.

Hope Max is doing well!
Babyk
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Max's Cleft Palate Surgery Update

Postby max's mom » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:54 am

Hi - thank you so much for thinking of us!!! Max's surgery went EXCELLENT!!! He had surgery on 6/16 at 8am and was drinking from a sippy by 4pm that day. We went home the next morning and he was outside playing like normal kid that afternoon. I couldn't believe how well he tolerated all of it. He did need lots of morphine that first day, but after that all he needed was his Tylenol/Codeine or just plain Tylenol or Motrin the rest of the week. All I can say is, I really hope all of the babies who will be needing this surgery, it goes as well for you as it did for us. Thanks again for the caring messages.
max's mom

Postby Babyk » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:25 am

WOW! That makes me feel much better! I hope Avery does as well!

If I may ask, how old is Max? Avery will be 11 months the day after his repair.

Thanks so much for the update!

Kelle
Babyk
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate