Ear Problems (37 yr old Male living in China)

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Ear Problems (37 yr old Male living in China)

Postby neilswayz » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:03 am

Hi All,

I was very pleased to find this site. Many posts that can help. I have found the net short of information for Cleft Adults.

I'm 37, married to a Chinese, and living in Shenyang China. I've been here nine years and have always wondered whether I'd last here due to problems I think may be associated to my cleft. In the UK I would trust the hospitals more but it gets more difficult for me to go back to the UK and seek treatment. I have a three year old daughter here.

My problems with my ears began about 6 years back. I noticed muffled hearing in one ear and it never came back properly. Then, about a year ago the other one went the same and now I have problems hearing. I'm covering it well. At work, I don't always understand what colleagues say to me without asking for repetition. In rooms I struggle to keep up with conversation especially if people speak in a low tone- you get the picture. I need my ears as I teach and examine English. I can hear students well enough to work with it now but I fear it will get worse and I won't. I currently have an ear infection (they have been worse over the past year) and my hearing is poor when people speak quietly. Chinese students (shy ones) often do.

I have a cleft and have had no operation since a rhinoplasty in my mid twenties. I've said to my wife I want to get a CT and some proper tests in a hospital and if need be go back to England for an operation. If the operation is simple I'd do it here. I don't know why i am assuming I need an operation but something tells me I need something! It may be possible here.

Are there others with this problem? Also my breathing has been a problem. I just started inhalers for asthma and I feel better at work (more energy). I think I suffered panic attacks and breathing got worse. I think my (mild) asthma is shown by these attacks. I have, I think, some apnea at night.

I'm going to go through the posts tonight on this board but was wondering if anyone had some insight. Perhaps people have seen these symptoms and did something to get better. Maybe they will never get better. Problem is, if my hearing gets much worse I won't be able to teach and that is my livelihood here.

Neil.
neilswayz

Re: Ear Problems (37 yr old Male living in China)

Postby Linda S S » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:00 pm

Welcome to the list. Have you had your ears checked for wax build up and a hearing test? Those seem like the place to start. I have several clients who have to have the wax flushed out of their ears and know it's time because it gets more difficult for them to hear. In the US there are over-the-counter products to soften ear wax to make it easier to remove. I don't know if these products or similar ones are available in China or the UK. You mention asthma, mild hearing loss is a common side effect of many medications so if you're taking other medication you may want to look up their possible side effects.

Your issues may be related to cleft or may not. The above suggestions may be among the easier ones to do to help determine what you're dealing with.
Linda S S
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Many of their items labeled as

Postby leneisaensa » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:43 am

UGG Bailey Button Boots-5803-Chocolate
April 26, Dexter announced first quarter earnings after the closing wouldn't attain the goals and objectives, minimizing 2012 earnings per share forecast by 9-10% April 27, a gap stock price fell over Twenty-five percent Obviously, the situation is not terrible, Deckers still $ 229 million of liquidity. The analysts assume that investors sued and fell just has an excellent possiblity to buy. They think that to Deckers has risk management done well and Angel Martinez likewise want the other way.. "Sea Amoy" is becoming another section of the web shopping after "Taobao" sweet "cake" people lamented the increasingly expensive as well, always desire to use the limited money to buy in to the more expensive things. Using the use of online shopping can imagine commodities almost can discover online sellers to provide goods or purchasing services. Domestic shopping site but there is a significant mixed bag, "cottage" fake "piercing eyes" a breeze to purchase..

UGG Stripe Cable Knit Boots-5822-Dimgry/Cream
UGG Traditional Mini boots do nicely within this industry. But excellent sneakers should also act as cozy shelters for the feet. These boots are made out of merino sheepskin, which can be gentle and comfortable to wear. Thus, the admiration to bid adieu to this abundant workshop, Gauthier Gallet lens in the final accommodation to appearance the background, recording those humans alive more difficult for the design efforts. He hopes to use his accurate aptitude to almanac images inside the another appearance week, to individuals who accord Cheap Uggs of afar abroad however Paris or Milan appearance has a able absorption in humans - he or she is assertive that appearance the accomplishments with a able advance for appearance force. Perhaps it is usually understood: T date with the archetypal are the time the aerodrome shows, dressed in adorned and big-ticket costumes, accomplish humans feel superior, cannot touch, feel appears to be a acceptable dream can't be achieved.

classic cardy uggs
That we should do is always to flow. Traffic fastest way is SEO. We are all aware of. Dreams of riches: a wish flourishes nearly every man's dream aid reached into shoes, but additionally carrying his wife do, brand shoes rankings, hope one day to offer an enormous surprise towards the beloved woman, shoes cabinet women's sandals. Secret Four: Case of hysteria on sex: ANSON, 40-year-old company employee - me and my wife more harmonious sex, however i always help but worry and anxiety, including concern yourself with their own personal dimension is shortly enough, perform the variety of time getting in touch with let her satisfaction ... but my anxiety and never need to let his wife find out more than she took the initiative to bring up.

UGG Bailey Button Boots 5803 Pink
on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Dressing rooms are available. Cash, Mastercard, Visa, Diner's Club and locate are welcome. Rainboots make the perfect alternative for both style, comfort. Not only are they waterproof, however they are available in hundreds of colors and shapes therefore it is no problem finding a pair that may be right for any occasion. Motorcycle boots are another great choice. Ed Westwick has become casting her shooting for Gossip Girl all the time. Leighton Meester wears a shawl in optimal way with smile. She looks very attractive and beautiful.

UGG Roxy Tall Boots 5818 Chestnut UK
The elaborate design and comfy feel of Uggs will show you they are your very best companion during winter. Due to its versatility and fashionable looks, Ugg boot are all-time-favorite footwear liked by many people across the globe. Many wish to prefer this footwear for its trendy and comfort aspects that charms and also eases your feet with utmost convenience. I'd personally consult her and let her know that although you might be upset and do not like her recent behavior- that suits you her like a person and love her and want to make a fresh start. I've noted that letting my children know I'm not really planning to "hold a grudge" and i understand teens makes mistakes and would choose to provide them with an opportunity to start fresh helps. Commemorate them feel better- like they are able to position the past behind them (they still had the effects first) and i am not taking a look at them as "bad"- only a good kid who made mistakes.

UGG Roxy Tall Boots 5818 Grey UK
No. 150 shops and 37-year-old Huang Shiguang and other than electric heating equipment, apparel fabrics, sweaters, blankets and other winter utility goods have people loving the patent product. November 22, the reporter in the kingdom Ip Office web site to "warm" as key term, questioning 6738 to a few types of patents, which found 924 patents, utility model patents, 4169, appearance preset patent 1645.. Quickly, poke crowd made up of fog, took a the pants left 103 to the zoo, then 362-100 prosperous. After 333 traveled to Zhongguancun, 333 back Nongda a toss about, finally, towards the sweet pear - the last stop before returning at night with friends for lunch, tell, n for some time isn't necessarily an associate, such as the case of Chen old wine products up always feeling great, memorable. Are three women on the Pentium III, you happen to be one, I'm one, talking about the recent developments, boyfriend, career, home..
leneisaensa

диетыши

Postby ererBoife » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:31 pm

ererBoife
Support Member
Support Member

диета le forking

Postby ererBoife » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:34 pm

ererBoife
Support Member
Support Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate